Reporting Tools for Teachers – What do you need?
Wand Reporting Tools for Teachers
Reporting is essential, but perhaps sometimes boring, part of any teacher’s day. The thought of sifting through endless digital and print data and doing complex calculations can make even the best of us break out in a cold sweat, but it needs to be done.
So how long does report writing take in your school? Here is what one disgruntled teacher told us:
“Each report takes approximately 60 minutes – 75 minutes to complete. With 30 children in a class, it takes approximately 35 – 38 hours to complete a whole class.”
38 hours? That would roughly be an hour and a half per day every month spent on the brain-numbing task of reporting. Surely there is a better time to spend with our overworked teachers.
A Magic Solution
Groups and Reports from Wand Education allow you to organise students into groups and send them assignments. By getting a panoramic view of the classroom through reports, it helps you to manage your classes and create a nurturing environment in a time-saving way.
Reports from Wand help you to stay in control by giving you a quick overview of how your students are performing. Then you can make informed decisions when instructing class, see where the gaps in learning are, which students are struggling and who needs help.
How groups and reports work
You can create groups of students and manage all the essential classroom components:
- Assignments – Using groups, you can send either the same or different assignments to a collection of students dependent on ability.
- Student Group Management – Organise students in classes, creating different groups based on ability levels, and assign homework.
- Student reports – Access completion reports and progress learning charts, showing student progress in line with learning objectives.
- Gradebook – A list of all students, assignments and scores for a group. Gradebook comprises all terms, and scores are displayed for each term.
- Where is this going? – With every assignment you set, you can track student progress in the class with visual reports that provide data you can act on.
- Progress – With every worksheet delivered, you get access to several reports that show student progress according to learning objectives.
Saves reporting time
Wand provides key reports instantly, reports that would typically take you hours to create. Reports help you to stay in control by giving you a quick overview of how your students are performing. Then you can make informed decisions when instructing class, see where the gaps in learning are, which students are struggling and need help, and most important of all, give you feedback to improve the lesson in future.
Unlock the power of the Wand Platform today and start your 14-day trial HERE
To find out when new content packages are available, subscribe to our Wand newsletter today and create your free account HERE