10 Reasons Why Technology Matters in the Classroom
Technology of Tomorrow, Today
Classroom technology is ever-changing. The way the Educators are being Educated to help Educate the students of tomorrow to understand the impact and evolution of technology in the classroom is always evolving.
Teachers are learning how to teach with emerging technologies (tablets, iPads, Smart Boards, digital cameras, computers, software), while students are using advanced technology to shape how they learn.
Wand Education, the teacher resource platform, is fully aware of how technology is changing the classroom landscape and has identified ten reasons why technology matters in 2019:
1) If used correctly, mobile devices and the applications they support will help prepare students for their future careers.
2) Integrating technology into the classroom is an effective way to connect with students of all learning styles.
3) It gives students the opportunity to enhance their interaction with their classmates and instructors by encouraging collaboration.
4) Using technology in the classroom gives teachers and other faculty members the opportunity to develop their student’s digital citizenship skills. It’s one thing to use mobile devices; it’s completely another thing to know how to use them correctly and responsibly.
5) Integrating technology in education helps students to stay engaged. Most students today have been using mobile devices like tablets and smartphones to play and learn since they could crawl. So, it only seems logical to align today’s classrooms with the way that your students want and are used to learning.
6) Combining new tech like VR (virtual reality) with traditional classroom instruction is one example of how the introduction of new technology can enhance the learning experience and create new opportunities.
7) When mobile technology is readily available and performing correctly in the classroom, students can access the most up-to-date information quicker and easier than ever before.
8) The traditional passive learning model is broken. With technology in the classroom, the teacher becomes the encourager, adviser, and coach.
9) Technology helps students be more responsible. Owning your device or borrowing the school’s devices gives students the opportunity to improve their decision-making skills as well as taking ownership of a valuable (and often expensive) device. Again, this needs to be complemented by proper digital citizenship training to see the best results.
10) Technology transforms the learning experience. Students have access to an incredible amount of new opportunities. From learning how to code learning how to better collaborate across teams and with their instructors–technology empowers students to be more creative and be more connected. New tech has super-charged how we learn today.
If your school is still debating how technology can benefit your students, teachers and administrators, we hate to break it to you, but the future of education is already here, and you’re missing an unbelievable amount of opportunities.
One thing is for sure – lesson planning, marking, reporting and content sharing is all on hand with the Wand Education platform.
Give it a try today at Wand Education